Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

This just may be the most beautiful sight I've ever seen.....



While it's really not that pretty on the outside right now, I keep telling myself "it will be soon...it will be soon...it will be soon".  

So, "yes"...to those just dying to know (I'm sure the suspense has been killing you over the past few months)....we FINALLY broke ground last week!  And, from the beautiful landscape above, you can see we have some work to do!  Since our property is old farm land (with about 18" of pure muck on the top followed by that thick Virginia red clay), we need to have some work done to make sure we don't end up with a wet basement the first day we move in....because I may just have a mental breakdown if the kick @$$ rustic bar we designed gets jacked!

Here area a few other shots of the driveway before we officially broke ground:

From the road....the driveway path has been dug...




Another shot of the driveway as you get closer to the house....it has since been filled with gravel/crushed concrete....



And, who doesn't want to see more of the muck that we are scooping out of the ground?!?!  It's just fantastic, isn't it?  I know I was excited when I first saw it.




Here we are today...finally no more muck!  A little more digging to do, and we should be able to get the foundation in soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment